Welcome aboard! If you’re new to UfYH, here’s the welcome packet:
- I curse. A lot. If this is problematic for you, we may have to admire each other from afar. There will be many f-bombs, as well as some more creative stuff.
- A 20/10 is 20 minutes of unfucking (cleaning, studying, what have you) followed by a 10-minute break. 45/15s are the same, only, you know, 45 and 15.
- A drain volcano is baking soda and white vinegar poured down a drain. We call it a volcano because, well, you’ll see.
- The UfYH Fundamentals list is a good place to start to see what we’re all about.
- This is the UfYH supplies master list. This covers most of the items/products I frequently reference.
- If you tag something with ufyh, Team Unfuck Your Habitat or Unfuck Your Habitat, I’ll see it. I love to reblog success stories.
- I try to get to all of my asks, but sometimes Tumblr eats them, and sometimes they’re kind of rude, and sometimes I remember that I’m only one person, and so I may not answer right away.
- Please take at least a cursory glance at the frequently used tags page and the last few pages of posts before submitting an ask. I get a lot of repeats.
- I do not have a degree from stain college. If you have a specific stain question, Google is your best friend. Someone out there has found the perfect stain remover, and it’s probably on the very first page of Google results.
- Before and after pictures are my favorites!
- This is very important: No matter how fucked your habitat is, you are not beyond help. You can make progress. It will take time. But it’s easier than you think.
If you are someone dealing with physical limitations, chronic illness, chronic pain, mental illness, or any other situation that makes getting your living environment under control difficult, please know that you are not lazy, and that we know that “getting off your ass” may not be easy or even possible sometimes.
We encourage anyone who has limitations to modify challenges, suggest alternatives, and, above all, put their health first. If you can only do five or three minutes of unfucking, that’s worth celebrating. If you accomplish something that’s been modified so you can do it seated or in shorter stages, we want to hear about it.
Also, UfYH has an iPhone/iPad app and an Android app. I think it’s pretty awesome. You can also follow UfYH on Twitter and Facebook.