Today, with a ton of assistance from the AH-MAZING Unfuck Your Habitat app, I was able to unfuck my invisible corner - which happened to be my closet.
I don’t really have any before pictures because I started picking up my clothes and dumping them on my bed before I thought to take any, but here’s a picture of all the clothes that were on the floor:
Other things on the floor included all my shoes, purses, scarves, hangers, unopened storage boxes, cat toys, and souvenirs from a trip back in May.
After several hours, a couple extended breaks, and the UfYH app keeping track of my 20/10s, this is the result:
My clothes are hung up, the IKEA storage boxes have been opened and used as they were intended, my shoes are organized by color and heel height, and there is nothing in my closet that doesn’t belong there.
Plus, I got my very first star of achievement on the UfYH app!
And thanks to UfYH yelling at me every single day and pretty much boring into my brain like some sort of benevolent, mind-controlling parasite, I also accomplished the following things today:
- Woke up in time to go to a new exercise class
- Made my bed
- Picked up the packing paper my cat was playing with on my bedroom and living room floor and put it in a box for her to sleep in
- Craigslisted the blinds the former tenant bought to replace the ones her dog ate that ended up being the wrong size
- Washed, dried, and froze some veggies that would’ve gone bad
- Automatically started putting my clean dishes away while my dinner was cooking
- Made twice as much dinner as I needed so I could take some to work for lunch tomorrow
- Loaded up my dishwasher right after eating
- Gave my counters and stove a good wipe-down
Thank you SO much, UfYH, for helping me get my shit together and then continue to keep it together. I don’t know what I would do without you (well, other than live in filth), and the app is so incredibly helpful. I love it!
Bonus picture of my cat helping: