- There is no new information, but because I have gotten 20+ asks about this in the last two days, I’m just going to try to clear out the askbox with one post.
- The app is not built, or close to being built, or anywhere in the same solar system as being built for Android. Repeatedly asking me when it’s coming out doesn’t actually make it get built faster.
- The reason I did not release the Android app at the same time as the iPhone one is not because I’m elitist, or a snob, or look down on Android. It’s because apps are fucking expensive and difficult and time consuming, and I simply did not have the resources to do both.
- The Android app may not be coming out for quite some time. I just don’t have enough information to be able to give even a ballpark guess. I do not want to rush the app, because if I put a product out that’s buggy and glitchy and not perfect in any way, the people who purchase and use that product will be unhappy, and they will complain that I made an inferior product. That’s not on my list of Things I Want to Deal With.
- I appreciate the passion that Android users have, and I’m thrilled that you want my app available to you. But there is a line between passion and pestering, and another line where I have people expressing actual anger at me that the app isn’t available on Android. Those are the asks I don’t publish.
- Please. Be. Patient. I will update you any time there’s a change, but there’s nothing new to report right now.
- I’m not ruling out a Kickstarter, but money is not the only issue. It’s a huge one, but not the only one by far.
- I have a developer/coder who I’m working with. That’s not the problem, so while offers to help are nice, they’re unnecessary.
So, in short, eventually. I don’t know when. Being mean won’t help. Keep on keepin’ on with the Tumblr for now.