Welcome aboard! If you’re new to UfYH, here’s the welcome packet:
- I curse. A lot. If this is problematic for you, we may have to admire each other from afar. There will be many f-bombs, as well as some more creative stuff.
- A 20/10 is 20 minutes of unfucking (cleaning, studying, what have you) followed by a 10-minute break. 45/15s are the same, only, you know, 45 and 15.
- A drain volcano is baking soda and white vinegar poured down a drain. We call it a volcano because, well, you’ll see.
- The UfYH Fundamentals list is a good place to start to see what we’re all about.
- If you tag something with Team Unfuck Your Habitat or Unfuck Your Habitat or ufyh, I’ll see it. I love to reblog success stories.
- I try to get to all of my asks, but sometimes Tumblr eats them, and sometimes they’re kind of rude, and sometimes I remember that I’m only one person, and so I may not answer right away.
- Please take at least a cursory glance at the frequently used tags page and the last few pages of posts before submitting an ask. I get a lot of repeats.
- I do not have a degree from stain college. If you have a specific stain question, Google is your best friend. Someone out there has found the perfect stain remover, and it’s probably on the very first page of Google results.
- Before and after pictures are my favorites! I like to reward success with gifs.
- This is very important: No matter how fucked your habitat is, you are not beyond help. You can make progress. It will take time. But it’s easier than you think.
Also, UfYH has an iPhone/iPad app. I think it’s pretty awesome. Yes, we’re working on an Android version. I’ll let you know the moment I have news about it.