I finally tackled a big chunk of the kitchen today! Not only did I actually manage to do a whole 20/10 (a month ago, a 20 minute stint was beyond me physically), but I kept going afterwards, because I close to photo-ready and wanted to post this. :)
So tonight after work I:
- Did a massive drain volcano on the kitchen sink, both sides. It did my heart good to hear that shit bubbling away down there.
- Scrubbed out both sinks
- Got rid of all the trash
- Scrubbed all the countertops
- Finally cleaned the stove!
I’d been working on the last of the dishes all day today between working, so the only dirty dishes I have right now (well, aside any that might be lurking in the nastier parts of the house) are in the dishwasher.
Here’s what I’ve learned:
- Barkeepers Friend is MAGIC. It got shit clean I didn’t even know was dirty, and my stainless steel sinks have never looked cleaner. It also managed to clean out a bunch of burnt on stuff in my favorite stainless skillet—and I thought that was ruined for good.
- Magic erasers, likewise. But I already knew that. I just didn’t realize there were so many many uses for them.
- I am capable of this: I’ve had my bed made nearly every day for a week, and I’m slowly making progress all over the house.
So, without further adieu, what you’re really interested in, the before and afters!
Left side of the kitchen, before:
Right side of the kitchen, before: