Hello, new followers! I am super excited to not go this journey alone. Thank you for being there. I promise to include pictures of quantifiable before/after progress when it is made. Today was kind of a slow day, considering, but it’s only Day 1. Baby steps!
Here’s what I did:
- unpacked both suitcases from the last trip home, put the suitcases in the basement (ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Open Door Without Obstructions)
- restarted the paleo diet
- dried, folded and put away the towels I started washing yesterday
- picked up a lot of the clothes on the ground of my room
- made my bed and put on a new pillowcase (ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Sleep Under the Covers)
- waxed the ‘brows
- printed out the graduation application
- started hygienic improvements: brushed teeth and retainers, currently wearing both; freshened up; washed face and applied acne treatments
- substituted tea for food to curb emotional eating when I wasn’t biologically hungry
- defined the areas of my life that I want to change,
- started mapping out the exact kinds of changes and how I want to make them, and
- thought about a timeline of implementation with increasing level of difficulty. Like in a game! (ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Spoonful of Sugar)
There were some setbacks today, too. The internet was very distracting, for example. I knew that going in and still relapsed, doing more Tumblring than cleaning by far. More discipline tomorrow, then. I also forgot that straight-up cold turkey on the paleo diet is hard as fuck, and at the end of the day, even with tea supplementation, I still had a piece of toast slathered with Nutella. And cheese on my broccoli. Glorious, glorious cheese. Tomorrow, we will regroup, this time with pity grains/sugars. It’s okay! This is a process. I will phase them out to my regular paleo ratio in around 10 days.
My 20/10 sprees were crazy productive. I think 20 minutes is the exact right time period for me to make shit happen in here. Thank goodness for the wisdom of UFYH! Before, I would start cleaning marathons and burn out after an hour or so. People who run marathons train for months! I should have known better. This is much more manageable.
Still, working on today really makes it sink in for me that I have much, much more work to do to help unfuck everything in my life. It’s never too late to start changing things, though. Slow and steady wins the race, etc. etc. Gotta keep a couple platitudes in my pocket for motivation and respect my pace. After all, this is just Day 1, and I’m in it for the long-haul — and this is going to be a very long haul.
“Slow day”? You accomplished a TON!