I apologize for the low resolution; there’s 38 projects and an ad for a sock club that travels Ireland. For you people who do not know me, let’s just say that I am a procrastinator (coughcough I started my Christmas knitting in September and STILL haven’t finished three presents. One just needs to have its cord cut and to get a bath. cough cough) and I tend to have eyes bigger than my stash…er…hands.
As mentioned in my previous post, I edited ruthlessly based on my capabilities, expenses, etc. First, however, I amused myself by making folders:
The itty-bitty file folders are organizing the stash into categories such as “cardigan,” “pullover,” etc.
The finished categories:
Now we get to the fun stuff—going through the queue, one by one, and deleting what I could never accomplish even if I were locked in a room with nothing but wool.
Among the Fallen (a moment of silence, please):
- Design 14 http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/design-14-2 This is gorgeous, but I’m not good at Fair Isle yet and I kind of want to do the Neville sweater instead.
- Grace http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/grace Gorgeous sweater, BUT NO FASTENERS AND THAT ANNOYS ME AND I AM TOO LAZY TO SEW IN A ZIPPER.
- An Aristocrat in White and Scarlet http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/an-aristocrat-in-white-and-scarlet It was the yoke; the yoke was just too much.
- Pine Apple Bag http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pine-apple-bag Because I would never use the pretty thing.
- Maja http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/maja-3 Because the pattern is in Danish and I am not Jackie O, however I might wish I was. (In regards to fashion and fashion alone!)
- Angelina Aran Pullover http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/angelina-aran-pullover Because gigot sleeves are something that should be used sparingly in any wardrobe, and I have a pattern with gigot sleeves that looks prettier.
- Perfect Paula http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/perfect-paula Simply because, although I loved the color and idea, it just wasn’t at the right time for me.
- Kaelinlingesjal 1897 http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kllingesjal-1897englishrecreation-from-vendsyssel-museum-denmark Because if I knit myself a shawl, it should suit the occasions I would wear it to—fancy restaurants in Florida.
- Cardinal Grapje http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cardinal-grapje Because this lace pullover did not sit with me.
- 21-2 Raglan Sleeve Sweater http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/21-2-raglan-sleeve-sweater I am not Jackie O.
- 24-25-17 Relief Pattern Sweater http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/24-25-17-relief-pattern-pullover Because I can only have one lace pullover and there was another that was more appealing.
- Proudfeet http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/proudfeet Because I will not have children anytime soon and I know no babies who would like this. (I AM looking for recipients; I think this pattern will not be gone forever.)
- Elegant Elephant http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/elegant-elephant-2 Because I have no cousins who would like this.
- A Lady’s Fourteenth Century-Style Knitted Hood With Lirripipe http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/a-ladys-fourteenth-century-style-knitted-hood-with-lirripipe Because I can find better ways to advertise ‘I am a medievalist.’
- Celtic Lattice Vest http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/celtic-lattice-vest Again, Neville’s sweater is calling my name and who am I to let this beauty get in the way of something Baby Clive Owen wore?
- Flirty Skirty http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flirty-skirty-2 Because I think I would be better off buying a pencil skirt.
- Schiaparelli Bowknot Sweater http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/schiaparelli-bowknot-sweater Because I just don’t need another graphic sweater
- Twisted Side Effects http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/twisted-side-effects Because it’s too plain for me.
I have the patterns I really do like. Now to delete the ones I have neither needles nor budget to do! (Uh, I did keep a few that I don’t have needles for, but those are necessary for learning new skills and because I need something to aspire to, dammit.)
More Deceased Ideas:
- Maltese Fisherman’s Hat http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/maltese-fishermans-hat-wg08-so9 Due to bleh-ness (not noticed at first glance) and cost (I do not like to buy patterns online).
- The Very Thought of Him http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-very-thought-of-him The name was mawkish (a flaw I could overlook), but if I wished to buy the pattern, I’d buy the actual magazine or book.
- Knitted Winter Spencer http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/knitted-winter-spenser Because I have no clue what the needle size required IS.
- Shetland Dinner Coat or Matinee http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shetland-dinner-coat-or-matinee Because I don’t want to knit a coat on size 3 needles.
- 210-211-23 Alpaca Pullover http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/210-211-23-alpaca-pullover See above.
ITE FINITA EST
Only 15 items in my queue now:
- Seven sweaters (because I do want pretty warm things)
- Three charts or tutorials
- One top
- Two shawls
- One toy
- One scarf